Training & QA Analyst - Pediatrics
Company: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Training & QA Analyst - Pediatrics
Job DetailsJob ID:
10 Brookline Place West, Brookline, MA 02445
PTL Remote: 2-3 days remote/wk
OverviewLocated in Boston and the surrounding communities,
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing
breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in
our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We
strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment
where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients
of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health
particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We
conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate
tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing
partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated
hospitals.ResponsibilitiesThe Pediatric Oncology Training and
Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst is responsible for developing
training materials and delivering training at an organizational
level and a departmental/functional level for all Clinical
Scheduling Specialists, Clinic Coordinators, and New Patient
Coordinators within Pediatric Oncology and the Welcome Center
Pediatric Oncology Representatives with the support of the Training
/ QA Manager. He / She is also responsible for gathering input data
for quality and process assessments and coordinating with the
Training / QA Manager to identify areas of improvement or risk as
well as providing Quality Assurance Coaching to Welcome Center
Pediatric Oncology Representatives.PRIMARY DUTIES AND
- Partners with business managers to assess training needs. Makes
suggestions on training methodology and works with business
managers to develop approach.
- Develops training materials, using a standardized approach when
possible and tailoring to department specific needs when
appropriate. Continually reviews training content to ensure it is
- Delivers training courses, either in an individual or group
setting. Reviews training surveys from staff and managers and uses
feedback to make improvements and/or recalibrate approach.
- Perform quality monitoring of telephone calls. Provides
real-time coaching and feedback to staff.
- Participates in onboarding and offboarding of staff. Ensures
necessary access to systems and shared drives is ready prior to
their start date and removed upon departure.
- Creates training calendar for each new hire and reviews with
staff and manager. Provides updates to manager on staff members'
progress. Works with manager to identify a plan for staff who need
- Compile and analyze data to support quality assessments.
Utilizes quality assurance activities to identify opportunities for
additional training and/or enhancements to curriculum.
- Updates policy and process documentation and training when
notified by business managers. Communicates updates to staff.
- Resolves issues when possible. Recognizes emergencies and
appropriately escalates issues per standard operating procedure
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to develop training content and assess
- Understanding of academic medical institutions, clinical
operations, and training required for employees at various
- Ability to gather, organize, and analyze data.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and
problem-solve on the spot.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to
relate appropriately and effectively to a diverse audience. Ability
to provide effective feedback that has an impact on the performance
- Knowledge of medical terminology is a plus.
- PC proficiency required; knowledge of electronic medical
records system, Epic, and customer relationship management systems
CONTACT:NoneQualificationsAt Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work
every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive
environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels
they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the
burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying
our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes
to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do
we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we
encourage you to apply.
- Bachelor's degree required in Healthcare Administration,
Education, Human Resources/Organizational Development or related
- 1 year of related job experience required
Keywords: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brookline , Training & QA Analyst - Pediatrics, Professions , Brookline, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!