Family Service Trainee
Company: Service Corporation International
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
As a sales trainee, learn the industry, products, product finance /
insurance options, services as well as use of Customer Relationship
Management software and proprietary contracting software.
Throughout the training program, successfully complete course work,
pass exams, and demonstrate appropriate skills to begin fulfilling
the following responsibilities.
Compassionate and results-driven sales representative to actively
seek out and engage prospective clients with purchasing pre-planned
funeral services as well as pre-planned and at-need
cemetery/mausoleum property. Meet with client families, at the
Funeral Home or virtually, to discuss 'Celebrating a Life Well
Lived'. Present service, product, and property solutions to meet
their personal and cultural needs. Take pride in service excellence
and a technology rich company to support revenue quota
* Develop trusting relationships with prospective and existing
client families in order to generate sales leads. Input prospective
client contact information in Customer Relationship Management
* Take initiative to contact prospective clients and schedule sales
appointments to meet prospective client's schedule, including
evenings and weekends.
* Applying listening and empathy skills facilitates prospective
client through the pre-planning process and selection of services
and property that most appropriately meet their needs. Shows
property and property features to prospective families for both pre
and at-need sales. Explains insurance product features. Completes
sales and insurance contracts ensuring accuracy and
* Utilize CRM software to continually source leads from campaigns,
prospective clients, and prior client sales to develop sales
* Collaborate with Funeral Director and family on pre-need property
or mausoleum sales. Coordinates sales efforts with team members and
other departments as appropriate.
* Seek out manager's coaching to improve sales cycle, sales
techniques, software proficiency, and product knowledge.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Ability to obtain and maintain insurance license as required by
* Current state/province issued driver's license with an acceptable
* Sales or Customer experience preferred
* Previous experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Proficient computer skills including MS office suite
* Proficient computer skills with CRM and Social Networking Apps
* Professional demeanor and communication skills
* Bilingual, knowledge of another language preferred
* Professional attire required when meeting with clients or
representing the company
* Available to work evenings and weekends
Postal Code: 02446
Category (Portal Searching): Sales
Job Location: US-MA - Brookline
Keywords: Service Corporation International, Brookline , Family Service Trainee, Other , Brookline, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!