Communications Specialist (part-time)
Company: Town of Brookline
Posted on: November 20, 2022
The Town of Brookline seeks a part-time Communications
Specialist to coordinate community wide, external digital
communications for the Brookline Council on Aging (COA)/Brookline
Senior Center (BSC).
- Create and publish COA/BSC content for social media platforms
(Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) on a weekly or as needed
- Create, update and publish COA/BSC content for websites on a
monthly or as needed basis including our Elder Resource Guide.
- Create, update and submit COA/BSC content for local print and
digital news sources (TAB, Patch, etc.) on a weekly or as needed
- Create and send email blasts to our distribution lists.
- Attend BSC events/programs and take candid photos for publicity
purposes. Obtain written consent from all parties prior to taking
their photo and maintain record of consent forms.
- Work collaboratively with COA staff, volunteers, and partnering
organizations to create press releases/advertising content for
websites and social media platforms.
- Provide ongoing evaluation of existing publications,
communications, websites, and social media platforms and work
collaboratively with COA staff, volunteers, and partnering
organizations to ensure that existing content is clear and up to
- Maintain knowledge of COA/BSC programs, resources, and
- Represent the COA/BSC at community events and in community
- Assist Director in creating annual reports and annual
publications promoting the COA.
- Act as a liaison to Brookline Interactive Group (BIG) around
the development of COA/BSC public service announcements,
promotional videos, and educational/informational programs.
- Assist with ensuring that relevant materials are available in
- Create and maintain digital records and reports as appropriate
to job responsibilities.
- Always maintain professional behavior including, but not
limited, maintaining appropriate boundaries, and following
- Operate BSC A/V equipment for programs as needed. Training will
- Consult with COA social work staff and provide intervention in
participant behavioral issues as appropriate.
- Provide coverage for Information and Referral and Reception
desks and other COA/BSC programs as needed.
- Other duties as assigned. This position also requires the
flexibility to work outside of regularly scheduled hours.
- Thorough understanding of and the ability to navigate social
media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Proficiency in analyzing social media accounts, engagement and
identifying areas for improvement.
- Prior experience in marketing or social media is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher.
Additional training will be provided for site specific computer
- Strong communication skills and a sensitivity to the wide
spectrum of the needs of older adults.
- Ability to work independently with supervision and an ability
to manage your time with regard to workload and projects.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other members of the COA
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to maintain
computerized records and reports.
- Ability to respond quickly to problems or emergency
Pay and Hours: This position is 18hrs/week; days/times TBD; Rate
Please apply by December 4, 2022.
Keywords: Town of Brookline, Brookline , Communications Specialist (part-time), Other , Brookline, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!