Research Compliance Associate
Company: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Research Compliance Associate
Job DetailsJob ID:
10 Brookline Place West, Brookline, MA 02445
Full Remote: 4-5 days remote/wk
OverviewThe Research Compliance Associate I will be responsible for
supporting the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute's (DFCI's, Institute's)
continued development of a high quality, robust, and sustainable
research compliance program. The Research Compliance Associate I is
responsible for assisting with the investigation and resolution of
research compliance allegations and issues, providing advice on
research compliance and regulatory matters, participating in
training and education for faculty and staff, and coordinating
meetings for the Research Compliance Committee. Accountable for
following offices practices that support the efficient operation
and documentation of the research compliance program. This position
reports to the Institute's Research Compliance Officer(s) and/or
Program Manager, Research Compliance.ResponsibilitiesPRIMARY DUTIES
AND RESPONSIBILITIES:With oversight by the Institute's Research
Compliance Officer(s) and/or Program Manager, Research
- Supports work with Institute departments and offices (e.g.,
sponsored agreements, human subjects research, grants
administrators, department administrators, technology transfer,
research finance, etc.) to advance research compliance objectives
in a sustainable way.
- Receives, documents, and tracks research compliance concerns
and reports, and timely responds to issue reporters.
- May deliver training programs for research compliance issues
for the Institute, including, for example, assisting with new
employee orientation, annual online training and
- Provides guidance and support to operational areas in updating
research compliance policies and procedures of the Institute.
- Assists with updating of intranet materials on the Institute's
research compliance program.
- Provides information and assistance for the annual research
compliance risk assessment and work plan to address identified
- May conduct specific audit and monitoring projects.
- Gathers information for internal reports regarding research
compliance program audits, inquiries or investigations by federal
and state entities.
- Stays current with relevant federal and state research
compliance laws and regulations and industry best practices by
participating in educational programs and meeting and distributing
and reading current literature and agency announcements.
- Provides informational reports for research compliance
committees or groups as directed by the RCO(s).
- Supports other ORIC team members during peak times of
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
QualificationsMINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with research in an academic, research, or hospital
setting (such as grants management, clinical trial management,
- Relevant post-graduate education (e.g., JD, Master's, PhD) is
- Background in science or medicine is an advantage
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and
affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin,
sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry,
military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as
protected by law.
Keywords: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brookline , Research Compliance Associate, Other , Brookline, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!