Company: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Job DetailsJob ID:
10 Brookline Place West, Brookline, MA 02445
Onsite:Up to 1 day remote/wk
OverviewThe Access Management Registrar reports to the Access
Management Supervisor and is responsible for registering patients
for outpatient and inpatient services. These functions include, but
are not limited to, collecting demographic and insurance
information, confirming insurance eligibility, verifying benefits,
and obtaining health plan authorizations for inpatient admissions.
In addition, the Access Management Registrar is responsible for the
timely and accurate completion of assigned work queues.This
position is located 100% on-siteHours 6:00AM-2:30PMLocated in
Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer
Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative
researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common
mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases.
Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a
genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and
comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research
that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's
physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our
community; and we work with amazing partners, including other
Harvard Medical School-affiliated
- Collects patient demographic, insurance information, patient
contacts, PCP, and the referring MD into the hospital information
system. Completes the Medicare Secondary Payer Questionnaire with
all Medicare Beneficiaries. Escalates high risk insurance patients
to the Financial Counselors.
- Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits using automated
eligibility systems, payer websites, and contacting the insurance
carriers during pre-registration.
- Works eligibility work queues to identify invalid insurances
for patients and escalates patients as needed to a Financial
Counselor for assistance.
- Conducts in-person registration interviews with new patients
and obtains appropriate patient signatures prior to their initial
clinical visit. Verifies patient identification, confirms and
updates patient demographic, patient contacts, insurance
information, PCP and referring MD in the hospital information
- Provides the patient with the following forms: the general and
HealthCare Proxy, the MA HIway brochure, the Patients' Rights and
Responsibilities, the Plain Language Summary of Financial
Assistance Policy, the 11-104 Research Consent.
- Prints the outpatient wristband, requests the patient verify
all information on the wristband before securing it on the
patient's wrist. Provides the patient with their itinerary and
directs them to their next service location.
- Complies with all Dana-Farber and HIPAA confidentiality
- Manages eligibility and coordination of benefits claim denials
as assigned through daily work queues and documents activities into
the hospital information system; may require contacting the payer
and/or the patient to obtain the correct insurance
- Updates changes to patient insurance and/or demographic
information as needed.
- Implements downtime procedures during planned and unplanned
system downtime events.
- Documents daily activities in a timely, thorough, and accurate
manner in the hospital information system and department
- Completes assigned work queues, projects, and other duties as
- Promotes and maintains positive working relationships within
the department, within the institute, with Brigham and Women and
Children's Hospitals, and with the DFCI satellite locations.
- Supports institute initiatives such as RTLS
- Other duties as assigned, which may include other activities to
support administrative activities for DFCI Inpatient.
- Post-secondary education preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- One or more years, prior physician office or hospital
registration or billing experience required.
- Knowledge of insurance benefit plans, medical registration, or
billing systems; Epic systems experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an
innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient,
family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are
in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are
equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer
knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated
and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind
of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.Dana-Farber
Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the
right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender
identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation,
genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service,
protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Keywords: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brookline , Outpatient Registrar, Other , Brookline, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!