Regional Sr. Public Health Specialist
Company: Town of Brookline
Posted on: November 16, 2022
The Town of Brookline is currently seeking a Regional Sr Public
Health Specialist to provide support for program development,
evaluation and education work pertaining to regional public health
programs. Implementation and enforcement of applicable health and
safety codes, protection of public health and control of disease;
other related work, as required.
- Assist in new program development, implementation, and
evaluation of public health programming, including special
projects, data gathering, community outreach, health education, and
communications. Examples include community health assessments,
health improvement plans, communicable disease/infection control
response and reporting, mosquito and rodent control, access, and
- Perform assessments of target populations and/or community
stakeholders. Create and present educational sessions and collect,
analyze, and report data to internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct research to inform public health policy
- Provide community education on new public health policies.
- Assist communities in identifying and coordination existing
community resources for residential outreach.
- Enforces a variety of federal, state, and local environmental,
sanitary, and health regulations; state and local permit and
licensure requirements, specific legal mandates; and other rules,
regulations, and advisory requirements.
- Perform similar or related work as required, or as situation
Bachelor's Degree in public health or environmental health science,
or a related field; two to five years of related experience in
public health or environmental health; or an equivalent combination
of education and experience.
- Eligibility to become a registered a Sanitarian in
- Valid Massachusetts Driver's License, Class D
- Certified Food Safety Manager
- Certified Food Safety Professional (desired)
- Certified Soil Evaluator
- Septic System Inspector
- Licensed Special Use Pesticide Applicator
- Licensed Lead Determination Inspector
- Certified Pool Operator
Starting Salary: $37.27 hourly with generous benefits. Please apply
by November 7, 2022
Keywords: Town of Brookline, Brookline , Regional Sr. Public Health Specialist, Other , Brookline, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!