Company: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber
Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in
cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of
conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We strive to
create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we
provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all
backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health
particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We
conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate
tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing
partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated
* Acts as a liaison to all DFCI work force members and provides
exceptional customer service.
* Resolves inquiries and escalates concerns to the manager as
* Has authority to commit funds by contract, procures a wide
variety of supplies, equipment and services using procurement tools
* Evaluate special request purchase orders to ensure compliance to
DFCI Policies and Procedures
* Professionally communicate order discrepancies and take
* Place special order requests with suppliers in a timely
* Participate in supplier negotiations and contract management
* Track and report cost savings/avoidance.
* Participates in business reviews with suppliers and DFCI
* Establish relationships with DFCI department managers to offer
support and improve services.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an
innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient,
family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are
in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are
equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer
knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated
and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind
of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics or Management
* Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M) or Certified Materials &
Resource Professional (CMRP) preferred.
* Five years prior purchasing experience.
* Knowledge of applicable policy, regulatory and accreditation
* Strong personal computing skills. Knowledge and ability to use
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
* Experience in the use of ERP technology; PeopleSoft experience
* Excellent organizational, customer service, analytical and
problem solving skills.
* Experience in healthcare and life sciences environment
* Strong materials management techniques and practices.
* Experience with high volume transactional purchasing a must.
* The ability to work under pressure, often with tight and changing
* A flexible approach to working hours when required.
* Excellent organizational and communication skills.
* Must be able to communicate in a professional and articulate
manner with internal and external partners at all levels of the
organization both written and verbal.
* Knowledge of navigating an ERP system. ( People Soft)
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and
affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin,
sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry,
military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as
protected by law.
Keywords: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brookline , Procurement Specialist, Other , Brookline, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!