BWH Adult Dual Diagnosis Partial Clinician
Company: Bournewood Health Systems
Posted on: January 6, 2022
BWH Clinician/Social Worker - Adult Partial Dual Diagnosis -
BrooklineDescription: Provide clinical services to patients in our
partial hospital program for individuals with substance use and
mental health conditions. The role of the clinician is to perform
an initial psycho-social assessment, treatment planning,
individual, group, family interventions, case management,
disposition planning, care consultation, and utilization review.
The program is group based, with four distinct groups provided
daily. The candidate must be committed to a population with
co-occurring disorders, be versed in the issues of early recovery,
group treatment and knowledgeable of the treatment system in
Massachusetts.Bournewood Health Systems is a behavioral health
organization with a main campus in Brookline, MA and various
satellite sites in Woburn, Lowell, and Dedham. We are dedicated to
providing quality, evidence-based and person-centered treatment for
people with mental health and substance use conditions in a safe
and respectful environment in partnership with the individuals and
families we serve, focusing on support, hope and recovery. We are
committed to a philosophy and an environment of care in which we
treat people with dignity, respect and mutuality; protect their
rights; provide the best care possible; support them in returning
to their natural communities; and include patients and families as
partners in their treatment. We stand firmly for providing a safe
and therapeutic environment for patients, families and staff. All
Bournewood employees are continuously trained in this philosophy.
All candidates must be able and willing to promote the values of
trauma-informed and patient-centered care.Location: Brookline,
MASalary: negotiableStart Date: ASAPOpenings: 1 full time Clinician
BrooklineQualifications: Candidates must have strong organizational
and interpersonal skills, and the ability to multitask. Partial
Hospital or Inpatient experience with adults is strongly preferred.
Masters is required; independently licensed clinician is
- Assumes role of social worker for those patients assigned.
- Communicates findings and progress of individual sessions,
family therapy, and disposition planning to treatment team.
- Provides consultation to outpatient providers for patient and
involved agencies as needed.
- Advocates for and educates family about resources and agency
involvement to provide recommended levels of services upon
- Coordinates information and interventions between all
disciplines within the team including Nursing, Rehabilitation
Services as needed and psychiatry.
- Meets with patients, on the day of case assignment, and
contacts family and/or supports as needed and as patient permits.
Individual and family interventions will be consistent with the
- Maintains daily progress notes in chart.
- Facilitates assigned group therapy and/or psycho-educational
- Initiates and updates treatment plans on assigned patients.
- When indicated, involves family and/or supports in aftercare
planning and educational interventions.
- When patient is involved in ongoing outpatient therapy,
initiates contact with outpatient therapist with patient's
permission. Provides consultation to the outpatient therapist
during the patient's PHP/IOP stay at a mutually agreed upon
- When a patient is involved with an agency or private treatment
program, initiates contact with appropriate providers.
- Makes recommendations for the level of care and structure
patient needs upon discharge and actively educates patients and
family (when indicated) with respect to those needs and identifies
resources for meeting the patient's needs. Advocates for agency
involvement when necessary.
- When needed, organizes a meeting of all those providing
outpatient services to the patient before discharge.
- When child abuse or neglect is suspected, notifies the proper
authorities following Massachusetts Law and professional standards
of practice. When neglect or abuse of a disabled person and or the
elderly is suspected and disclosed directly to the social worker
s/he notifies the proper authorities following Massachusetts Law
and professional standards of practice.
- Maintains communications with and coordinates information and
interventions with team disciplines, including psychiatry, nursing
and rehabilitation services.
- Establishes aftercare appointments with providers and
communicates these to the patient and family. At times, these may
be more effectively organized by others and this will be
- Conducts utilization review on cases assigned by the Manager of
- Is responsible for initial assessments for each assigned
- Meets with patients as indicated to complete the written
assessment within 24 hours of patient admission.
- Utilizes information and assessment in developing an aftercare
plan based on needs.
- Meets with other disciplines regarding patients treatment plan.
- Consults on an as needed basis with other team members around
issues of her/his expertise including case management.
- Any other duties as assigned by SupervisorEssential
- Knowledge of major mental illness, i.e. schizophrenia and the
impact of family.
- Knowledge of developmental stages and clinical implications
- Knowledge and understanding of biological and sociocultural
changes influencing the aged (geriatric population), adults and
- Knowledge of chemical dependency treatment issues
- Knowledge of family systems dynamics
- Knows Hospital, department and Ambulatory policies and
procedures, JC, DMH, DPH and BSAS regulations regarding patient
rights and clinical interventions
- Is competent in delivering patient care that is trauma informed
and patient centered. As indicated by:
- Provides care that is kind, collaborative and
- Able to defuse power struggles and doesn't need "to win".
- Appropriate assessment of clients for a history of trauma
- Recognize/assess a range of trauma-related behaviors
- Implement trauma-sensitive interventions with people
servedMinimum Qualifications:Social worker requirements include the
completion of a Masters Degree in Social Work from an accredited
school of Social Work or Masters in Counseling and Licensed
eligible (LMHC). Inpatient field placement experience is
- Must be able to walk between buildings
- Must be able to climb stairs
- Must be able to provide crisis intervention techniques when
- Must be able to use telephone
Keywords: Bournewood Health Systems, Brookline , BWH Adult Dual Diagnosis Partial Clinician, Other , Brookline, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!