Company: Mass General Brigham(phs)
Posted on: November 12, 2021
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed
to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the
community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by
Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital,
Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including
community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a
physician network, community health centers, home care and other
health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching
affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national
leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients
and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees
with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is
committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with
projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that
empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each
member of our team to own their personal development-and we
recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern
decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our
work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service
Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we
treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect,
Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork &
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Receiving general direction from the Senior Manager/Director,
Enterprise Applications, the Administrator - Applications is
responsible primarily for the management and support of all aspects
of the MI2 and OneView applications. This includes but is not
limited to the Picture Archiving and Communications System (PACS),
Diagnostic Reporting, Workflow Orchestration (WFO) and other
This individual will work closely with multiple teams within MI2,
Enterprise Medical Imaging (EMI), Imaging Departments at PHS
entities, Partners eCare, and Partners IS. This includes a 24/7/365
customer service approach and off-hours coverage. He/she will work
closely with the MI2 Project Management Office (PMO) and may
participate in multi-functional and cross-organizations project
teams. Project teams may be comprised of vendors, MI2 application
and system support teams, as well as operation managers and line
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administrator - Applications role includes, but is not limited
Human Capital Management:
- Demonstrating 'Customer Service' philosophy when interacting
with employees and business partners.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with colleagues, and
other hospital personnel, to facilitate day to day operations as
well as furthering the educational mission of Partners e.g. Service
Desk, PMO, Systems/Infrastructure, DevOps, Service Implementation
and other MI2 teams as well as Partners IS and Partners eCare.
- Participate in 24/7/365 on-call rotation in close collaboration
with MI2, Enterprise Medical Imaging (EMI), Imaging Departments at
PHS entities, Partners eCare, and Partners IS.
- Attendance at tradeshows and conferences relevant to the
position (e.g. RSNA, HIMSS and SIIM) as deemed necessary.
- Attends and participates in Departmental/Hospital
- Attends seminars and training sessions necessary to maintain
appropriate level of professional competence.
Business Process Management:
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the Enterprise imaging
operating model and the interdependencies between supported
applications and other relevant mission critical systems.
- Process-flow Mapping - Mapping for primary business operations
mode (Registration, Ordering, Scheduling, Image Acquisition, Image
Viewing, Diagnostic Reporting and Viewing, Billing, Management,
Reporting and Viewing)
- Workflow Mapping - Role based mapping for primary business
end-users (Administrative, Technologists, Radiologists)
- Data Mapping - Mapping data within and between primary business
- Prepares reports on all aspects of MI2 and OneView applications
for managers and division administration as appropriate or
- Conduct quarterly analysis of all relevant Service Requests
with goal of discussing/mitigating/remediating major issues.
- Lead the effort to define and deploy standard operating
procedures as it relates to the administration, support and
- MI2 and OneView applications
- Integration between applications
- Scheduled and Unscheduled Downtime
- Communication with users
- Disaster Recovery
- Ensures all Department, Hospital, JC, and OIG compliance
guidelines are met.
Systems / Application Management:
- Testing - End to end testing of process flows, workflows and
data flows. Develops, maintains and executes QC/validation test
plans associated with upgrades of MI2 and OneView
- Training - Educating and/or coaching colleagues and end-users
on process flows, workflows and data flows. Provides user training
for MI2 and OneView applications. Train the trainer approach
- Work closely with the EMI Systems/Infrastructure Managers to
ensure the smooth running of the underlying architecture associated
with MI2 applications and OneView platform components e.g.
application, database, web, tablets, interfaces, integration,
storage subsystems, and disaster recovery systems.
- Participates in the monitoring, maintaining, upgrading and/or
re-engineering of MI2 and OneView related interfaces.
- Provide support in the event of technical issues or problems
associated with MI2 and OneView applications and/or their
- When necessary the escalation of issues to vendors and EMI
- Monitor Service Requests generated for MI2 and OneView
applications and/or their subcomponents to ensure timely responses,
communication and closure of all requests.
- Performs other functions as required and/or assigned.
- Responsible for communicating to project sponsors,
stakeholders, team members and Imaging Leadership all relative
- Incorporates standard deliverables for 'People', 'Process' and
'Technology' components for every project.
- Owns the development, management and execution of all project
plans and schedules.
- Identifies, escalates and manages project risks and issues to
- Responsible for project administration to include but not
limited to, scheduling meetings, reserving conference rooms and
conference dial in numbers, creating and distribution of agendas,
meeting minutes, schedules, risk/issues logs and status
Enterprise Medical Imaging Informatics (MI2) provides direct
support for hardware, software, network and project management to
all Partners locations. The team also provides support to referring
physicians, affiliated hospitals, and outside physicians worldwide.
In addition to support and services, the team also coordinates with
departments at other Partners affiliated hospitals and with various
Partners IS teams.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to carry out position with high degree of customer
service, communication, teamwork, and timeliness.
- Must be able to work effectively with diverse groups of
- Outstanding business process analytic skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Radiology Information Systems (PACS, RIS, VR)
in general and industry standards such as HL7 and DICOM
- Strong technical and general IS skills, including hardware,
software, personal computers and networking.
- Skill and experience in IS project planning, SDLC - System
Development Life-Cycle, implementation and performance analysis
- Ability to work well under pressure and on concurrent,
- Proficiency in office automation systems i.e. Windows OS, MS
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by
embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to
lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national
origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation,
military service, genetic information, and/or other status
protected under law.by Jobble
Keywords: Mass General Brigham(phs), Brookline , Applications Administrator, Other , Brookline, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!