COLD FOOD (SALAD) (FULL-TIME)
Company: Chartwells Higher Education
Posted on: October 5, 2021
Posted Date: Jul 13, 2021
- We have an opening for a full-time COLD FOOD
- Location: Hellenic College - 50 Goddard Ave., Brookline,
MA 02445 Note: online applications accepted
- Schedule: F/T; primarily 7:00am - 3:00pm.
- Requirement: Culinary experience highly preferred, but
willing to train!
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may
be interested in joining our team.
Current Associates: This position has a
$250 Employee Referral Bonus! Know someone you would like to
refer? Have them apply to this posting via this
direct link or at
http://www.altogethergreat.com and ask
them to provide your name in the “If referred by current employee”
section of the online application.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative
concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly
established ourselves as the leading college and university
foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the
Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect
on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come,
especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We
foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are
offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Cuts delicatessen meats,
vegetables and cheeses with slicing machine, knives or other
cutters. Prepares and serves sandwiches, salads and other cold food
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtains daily production schedule and preparation requirements
- Prepares sandwich meats, cheeses, condiments and salads using
approved production standards to ensure proper quality, serving
temperatures and standard portion control.
- Stocks and replenishes deli/cold products and condiments
following approved merchandising guidelines.
- Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from
workstation, stove and refrigerator.
- Stores food in designated areas following HACCP standard
wrapping, dating and rotation procedures.
- Cleans, sanitizes and maintains counters, work surfaces,
refrigeration units and floors in the preparation and serving
- Places meat, cheese or vegetables on cutting board and cuts
slices to designated thickness. Positions and clamps meat or cheese
on carriage of slicing machine. Adjusts knob to set machine for
desired thickness. Presses button to start motor that moves
carriage past rotary blade that slices meats and cheeses.
- Interacts with coworkers to ensure compliance with company
service standards, inventory and cash control procedures.
- Maintains clean, safe work environment to comply with
sanitation, ServSafe and safety requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass,
we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly
based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without
regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business
necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box
Keywords: Chartwells Higher Education, Brookline , COLD FOOD (SALAD) (FULL-TIME), Other , BROOKLINE, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!