Assistant Payroll Manager
Company: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber
Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians,
innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the
common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases.
Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a
genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and
comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research
that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's
physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our
community; and we work with amazing partners, including other
Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
This position reports directly to the Payroll Manager and
provides managerial oversight and direction to the Payroll
Coordinators in relation to daily Payroll operations. Maintains
business continuity in the absence of the Payroll Manager. The
Assistant Payroll Manager will provide input and support on team
building, process improvements, system integrations,
implementations, implement processes, and document procedures for
internal controls. The position will conduct internal audits
periodically of various payroll areas and document recommendation
for improvements and guidance of any changes. The Assistant Payroll
Manager is extremely detail-oriented, possesses strong leadership
skills and significant knowledge of payroll administration
including state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for the day to day operational responsibilities of
the Payroll department through the Payroll confirmation process for
all paid staff including union and non-union positions.
- Provide direction and support to Payroll team to resolve time
reporting and pay issues.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to ensure appropriate data
workflow for job changes.
- Assign Payroll tasks and guidance to staff to meet job
requirements and ensure that job requirements are met.
- Prepare data material for internal and external audit
- Calculate and communicate salary overpayments effectively to
resolve issues accurately and update Payroll system and applicable
staff records as needed.
- Review and approve departmental requests for appropriate time
approval system access.
- Ensure accurate, timely and adequate follow up by Payroll staff
of all Payroll requests that come through the email inbox, phone
- Assist with preparation and facilitation of year end activities
between IS, HR, Benefits and Payroll to ensure continued operations
when transitioning calendar years.
- Maintains earning and deduction control tables to ensure
accurate payment and withholdings for staff payments.
- Special assignments as needed
Assist with hiring, training and providing direct supervision on
day to day work for the Sr. Payroll Coordinator and Payroll
Coordinator. This includes assigning, reviewing and evaluating work
and when needed, providing training and guidance to ensure work is
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting,
Finance required, or an equivalent combination of education and
experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- American Payroll Association Certification a plus
- 5 years of full Payroll cycle processing experience
- 2 years supervisory experience required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge and understanding of Payroll concepts and pay based
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft payroll processing and payroll
- Comprehensive knowledge of Institute policies, state and
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, as well
as the ability to multi-task.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to resolve issues
- Strong decision making, problem solving skills and root cause
analysis to resolve problems.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) skills
- Ability to collaborate and provide information to both internal
and external customers.
- Ability to work in team setting and communicate effectively
with cross-functional groups.
- Ability to become Subject matter expert in Payroll processes,
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer
and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin,
sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry,
military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as
protected by law.
Keywords: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brookline , Assistant Payroll Manager, Other , Brookline, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!