Access Management Registrar
Company: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The Access Management Registrar reports to the Access Management
Supervisor and is responsible for registering patients for
outpatient and inpatient services. These functions include, but are
not limited to, collecting demographic and insurance information,
confirming insurance eligibility, verifying benefits, and obtaining
health plan authorizations for inpatient admissions. In addition,
the Access Management Registrar is responsible for the timely and
accurate completion of assigned work queues.
- Verifies patient identification, confirms and updates the
patient demographics, patient contacts, insurance information and
PCP. Completes the Medicare Secondary Payer questionnaire with all
- Provides the patient with the following forms and obtains
appropriate signatures: including the general consent, the HIPAA
brochure, the Important Message from Medicare, the Patients Rights
and Responsibilities, the Plain Language Summary of Financial
Assistance Policy. Completes the Medicare Secondary Payer
Questionnaire with all Medicare Beneficiaries.
- Manages complicated insurance coverage questions for patients,
potentially working with the DFCI Financial Counselor.
- Obtains health plan authorization, as required, for inpatient
- Prints the inpatient wristband, requests the patient verify all
information on the wristband before securing it on the patients
wrist. Provides for or escorts the patient to the Dana-Farber
- Complies with all Dana-Farber and HIPAA confidentiality
- Manages eligibility and coordination of benefits claim denials
as assigned through daily work queues and documents activities into
the hospital information system; may require contacting the payer
and/or the patient to obtain the correct insurance
- Updates changes to patient insurance and/or demographic
information as needed.
- Implements downtime procedures during planned and unplanned
system downtime events.
- Documents daily activities in a timely, thorough, and accurate
manner in the hospital information system and department
- Completes assigned work queues, projects, and other duties as
- Promotes and maintains positive working relationships within
the department, within the institute, with Brigham and Women and
Children's Hospitals, and with the DFCI satellite locations.
- Supports institute initiatives such as RTLS
- Other duties as assigned, which may include other activities to
support administrative activities for DFCI Inpatient.
Standing Position - This role involves prolonged standing and
frequent walking in and around Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Holidays - This role may be required to work some holidays
Post-secondary education preferred. High School Diploma/GED
required. One to two years, prior physician office or hospital
registration or billing experience prefered. Knowledge of insurance
benefit plans, medical registration, or billing systems; Epic
systems experience preferred. Experience with Microsoft Office.
Excellent customer service and communication skills, both
written and verbal. Motivated self-starter with strong team player
and leadership abilities. Strong analytical and problem-solving
skills. Ability to prioritize and meet pre-determined deadlines.
Must be able to effectively multi-task, and have advanced technical
skills, as appropriate.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer
and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin,
sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry,
military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as
protected by law.
Keywords: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brookline , Access Management Registrar, Other , Brookline, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!