KyAs an ACCS Residential Counselor, you will provide direct
support to people with psychiatric conditions in a residential
Group Living Environment designed to foster independence. In your
role you will work together with the people we serve, their
families, friends, employers, and other support staff to transform
their lives by either building independence skills or increasing
each person's quality of life.
In this role you will have a range of duties include
administrating medication under the Medication Administration Plan
(MAP) and assisting people with activities of daily living, such as
household chores and cooking. You will also work alongside the
Clinical Program Director to implement treatment plans which are
recovery-oriented, person-centered, harm-reduction,
trauma-informed, culturally competent and strengths-based
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training,
great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that
requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded
- First-rate Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are open all
employees scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more. Plus, we
offer a generous employer contribution toward the cost of medical
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and
Long-Term Disability Insurance (no cost to you!)
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability Insurance along with the
option to purchase additional, voluntary, Short-Term disability
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care
- Generous paid time off (Employees scheduled to work 20 hours or
more per week):
- 15 days of Vacation per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 10 Sick Days per year
3 Personal Days per year
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted YMCA memberships,
access to discounted movie tickets and more!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading
nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by
building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and
communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. Vinfen
supports thousands of adolescents and adults with psychiatric,
developmental and behavioral disabilities at more than 200 sites
with 2,800 employees in eastern Massachusetts and Connecticut.
My Vinfen. My Community. My Job.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
Keywords: group home, direct care, DSP, Direct Support, social
services, counseling, social work, psychology, mental illness,
mental health, disability, behavioral, rehabilitative, psychiatric,
outreach worker, outreach services , human services, nonprofit,
crisis, trauma, advocacy, recovery, ACCSResMetroBos
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Associate's
degree in a human service discipline preferred.
- Prior experience working in a human services setting strongly
- Preference given to bilingual/bicultural applicants and
applicants with lived experience of psychiatric conditions.
- Must be a least 21 years of age and have held a valid US
driver's license for at least one year and should be abl