Epic ADT/ Prelude Applications Specialist
Company: Mass General Brigham(PHS)
Posted on: April 30, 2021
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed
to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the
community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by
Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital,
Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care
including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care
organization, a physician network, community health centers, home
care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals
are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system
is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients
and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees
with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is
committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with
projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that
empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each
member of our team to own their personal development-and we
recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern
decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our
work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service
Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we
treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect,
Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork &
General Summary/Overview Statement
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Application
Specialist at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and at Mass General
Brigham. As a member of the Application Integration and Revenue
Cycle Team (AITRC), the primary role of the analyst is to support
Access Management in their use of the Epic ADT/Prelude application.
The position acts as a liaison between the Access Management
department, the Partners eCare Team at Mass General Brigham, the
Clinical Information Systems team, and the Application Integration
and Revenue Cycle team. S/he will be responsible for analyzing and
recommending changes to work-queue design, enhancement requests,
and impact review of new software upgrades and enhancements.
Additional responsibilities include define user requirements,
design specifications, documentation, test scripts and test plan
creation and execution, and end user training and support
The Application Specialist will also be responsible for managing
small to medium size projects to deliver new software solutions for
the Application Integration and Revenue Cycle IS team. The analyst
will work with stakeholders, business analysts and other project
managers, where needed, to develop project plans and task lists
utilizing Smartsheet or MS Project.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support workflow processes and software design for the major
applications used by Access Management, including Epic ADT/Prelude,
and other applications used by Access Management.
- Understand Access Management workflows and how staff roles
determine system usage
- Develop strong relationships with Access Management team, PeC
Epic team, DFCI Clinical Information Systems team, and the
Application Integration and Revenue Cycle team.
- Supports end users; researches and troubleshoots application
- Supports Epic and other complimentary applications used by
Access Management; works with the various application support teams
to coordinate upgrades, bug fixes, and downtimes, where
- Participates in projects, system upgrades, system enhancements
utilizing department standard project lifecycle tools and
- Complete work assignments in accordance with established
project timelines following approved project management
methodologies and tools.
- Identify complex problems, probable causes and impact on
operations and offer possible solutions and optimal course of
- Inform manager and/or leadership, and internal stakeholders of
issues that require direct attention or need to know in a timely
- Communicate status on various project/program efforts to
leadership, internal stakeholders and manage expectations, as
- Support and educate end users and answer "how-to"
- Document and analyze business processes and drive business
process improvement workflows.
- Represent the needs of Access Management within the greater
DFCI Epic support teams and with appropriate PeC teams.
- Function both as an individual contributor and team player
within the Application Integration and Revenue Cycle Team.
- Participate in required meetings such as application and/or
interface design sessions, DFCI or Partners eCare project team
meetings, DFCI or Partners eCare standing meetings, staff meetings
- Provide consistent service to end users, according to defined
service level agreements.
- Participate in the Application Integration Team's On-Call
- Participate in the Application Integration and Revenue Cycle IS
team support of the Epic SER
- Participate in resolving Help Desk (Service Center) support
tickets for the DFCI Application Integration Team and the DFCI
- Follow all DFCI and Partners eCare change management policies
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years' experience in revenue cycle information systems
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent education and
- Experience writing technical specifications, requirements or
other application documentation
- Epic ADT/Prelude certification is
- Expert level analytical and problem-solving skills, business
knowledge and system support.
- Understands the flow of data through complex architecture;
understands the consequences that erroneous data could have on
- Able to identify complex problems, their probable causes, their
impact on operations, report them to the appropriate parties, offer
possible solutions, and decide on the optimal course of action;
able to independently and/or collaboratively bring problems to
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of business process and
workflow, and can incorporate into the support and enhancement of
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with
cross functional teams, with staff at all levels of the
organization, and both technical and non-technical staff.
- Can coordinate and complete multiple complex tasks to
completion independently and with an appreciation for critical
- Able to provide user support which includes but is not limited
to direct user support during posted support hours, executing a
back-up plan for system downtimes, and reporting/responding to user
- Able to self-manage, assuming full ownership of overall
outcomes from start to finish
- Demonstrates comfort facilitating group efforts towards a
successful completion of goals
- Able to understand the political climate of the organization
and act accordingly
- Able to delegate tasks appropriately
- Able to independently conduct meetings, both informal and
- Able to independently create complex test scenarios and test
scripts and execute testing accordingly in an integrated
environment while incorporating quality management concepts
- Able to coordinate system implementation including needs
analysis, user set-up, training, and day-to-day support with an
appreciation for budget implications
- Excellent Microsoft skills such as Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook
or other tools required for writing documentation, specifications,
technical diagrams etc.
- Must be well organized and systematic in work process
- Ability to facilitate group project towards successful
completion of a goal
- Ability to effectively translate business requirements into
- Ability to learn new technologies and/or applications
- Ability to work as a member of a team on overlapping
- Ability to work independently on assigned projects
- Prior experience working within a diverse team
Will work partially at the main DFCI IT office location (currently
20 Overland Street, Boston Ma 02215)
Will also include partial work from remote location
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by
embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to
lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national
origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation,
military service, genetic information, and/or other status
protected under law.
Keywords: Mass General Brigham(PHS), Brookline , Epic ADT/ Prelude Applications Specialist, Other , Brookline, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!