BWH Recruiter/Human Resources Generalist
Company: Bournewood Health Systems
Posted on: November 14, 2021
Job DetailsLevelExperiencedJob LocationBWH-Bournewood Hospital
Brookline - Brookline, MAPosition TypeFull TimeEducation
LevelBachelors DegreeJob ShiftDayJob CategoryHuman
ResourcesRecruiter/HR GeneralistRecruiter/HR GeneralistPrimary
responsibility is recruitment for all positions within the company.
The HRG consults and partners with hiring managers to provide
professional support in the sourcing, screening, interviewing, and
selection of qualified candidates. Developing and maintain good
relationship with universities. Advising in the selection of final
candidates for hiring managers. Participates in the negotiation of
offers. Follows all regulations, hiring polices and guidelines to
ensure onboarding is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
Develops and implements short and long-term sourcing and hiring
strategies incorporating websites andMinimum Qualifications:
- Business or Human Resources degree is required.
- 3-5 year's previous recruitment experience (must be current)
including utilization of various external recruitment sources is
required. Previous experience in a healthcare setting is
- Exceptional organizational abilities; must have ability to
multi-task and frequently change priority
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Office is required,
experience with Paycom Talent Acquisition is preferred.
- Advanced writing, reading and arithmetic skills.
- Ability to work alone on a broad variety of projects.
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creatively
to changing needs and situations.
- Ability to research, evaluate and analyze new recruitment
techniques, methods, and procedures.The Recruiter/HR Generalist
performs their duties and responsibilities in accordance with
corporate, organization and department policies and procedures,
adhering to the mission of Bournewood Health Systems. Bournewood is
a private psychiatric facility dedicated to providing quality,
evidence-based and person-centered treatment for people with mental
health and substance use conditions in a safe and respectful
environment in partnership with the individuals and families we
serve, focusing on support, hope and recovery. We are committed to
a philosophy and an environment of care in which we treat people
with dignity, respect and mutuality; protect their rights; provide
the best care possible; support them in returning to their natural
communities; and include patients and families as partners in their
treatment. We stand firmly for providing a safe and therapeutic
environment for patients, families and staff. All Bournewood
employees are continuously trained in this philosophy. All
candidates must be able and willing to promote the values of
trauma-informed and patient-centered care. Salary: NegotiableStart
Date: ImmediatelyOpenings: Full-time position located in Brookline,
MAEssential Functions:Primary Responsibilities are to manage the
entire recruitment process including but not limited to:
- Identification of staffing needs, obtaining position
requisition and required signatures, review with HRM to ensure
positions are in budget prior to posting opportunities.
- Updates the FTE budget spreadsheet as requisitions are received
- Posting opportunities through Paycom, Monster, and various
Universities through Handshake. Liaison with Director of Strategic
Communications to ensure posting on the Careers page on the company
- Work with colleges, universities, and trade schools to post
positions and source applicants. Seek out Job Fairs and posting
opportunities with Universities.
- Participates with hiring managers and HRM to strategize
- Reviews all applications to ensure minimum job requirements are
met. Make initial contact with applicant to confirm interest in
position. Ensuring all applications are completed.
- Presentation of candidates to hiring managers and assistance
with coordination of interviews as required.
- Follow up after interviews with hiring managers to finalize
offers and start dates and hospital/department orientation.
- Coordinates the offer process, onboarding and orientation
process with HRR; assists with conducting various background
checks, reference checks, education verifications, verifying
licensure and onboarding.
- Organizing and labeling an efficient system to ensure
outstanding items are in a central location and that timely follow
- Prepare weekly status reports to HRM and HRR.
- Conducts monthly orientation of new hire orientation
alternating every other month with HRR.Other HR responsibilities
include but are not limited to: benefits administration; bi-weekly
and monthly report extraction and verification; back up support to
HRR in workers compensation, regulatory compliance preparation,
data entry in HRIS, and filing.
- Extract license/certification reports from Paycom at the end of
month and compile expired and license/certifications to expire 60
days prior to due date. Prepares a mail merge and reviews report
with HRR to start verification process; assists with verification
process as required.
- Extract I9 reports from Paycom at the end of each month;
compile a report of expirations within 120 days prior to due date.
Prepares a mail merge and reviews report with HRM and distributes
correspondence to employees and applicable manager.
- Extracts performance evaluation reports at the end of each
month for evaluations due in the next 60 days. Reviews and prepares
evaluation packages with HRR and distributes to managers and
- Extracts reports at the end of each pay period; Assists with
verification of data entry to the Paycom system including but not
limited to all types of personnel actions, benefit enrollments,
changes and terminations, performance management, initial and
annual training, wellness & tax updates; reviews data entry errors
with HRR and HRM; as required enters and notifies all applicable
staff of changes each pay period to ensure accurate
- Extracts reports at the end of each pay period to assist with
verification of all payroll deductions after processing to ensure
contributions are taken in a timely manner, and all payroll
deduction additions/terminations/changes are entered for Payroll
processing in the next pay period.
- Extracts benefit payroll deduction reports at the end of each
month; assists with verification of benefit invoices vs. actual
payroll deduction reports to ensure catch up contributions are
received, and that all monthly transactions have been
credited/debited to invoices. Forwards adjustments to vendor and
invoices to accounts payable for processing.
- Assists HRR with preparation of orientation and benefit
materials and the set up of orientation room prior to new hire
arrival on campus.
- Assists HRR with Administration of the employee benefit plans
to include education of plans, deadlines to enroll, etc. to
employee; ability to process changes, enrollment and terminations
through Paycom; and as necessary assist with annual employee
benefits fair and open enrollment.
- Assists HRR with all administrative and clerical tasks
associated with answering inquiries; copy, compile and distribute
HR projects; composing, typing and routing department
correspondence in an efficient, effective, timely manner.
- Assists HRR with the preparation for various survey, audits and
site reviews including setting up personnel and contractor employee
files, auditing for compliance, assisting with completion of
documents, notifying employee, supervisor and HRM of missing
documentation, and timely follow up for collection of items,
collecting and checking off audits for completeness, data entry
into HRIS if applicable, and filing in the appropriate section of
the file as outlined in HR policies.
- Assists HRR with administration of the facility workers
compensation program as assigned to include reporting to insurance
company, data entry to WC & OSHA logs, educating employees who are
out of work due to injury and communication with employee,
providers, department managers, Safety Officer, Payroll and HRM to
ensure employee has been treated appropriately medically,
financially and returned to work in a safe manner.
- Assists HRR with data entry in the HRIS to include creating
personnel actions, adding benefit enrollments/changes/terminations,
license/certifications, performance evaluations, training, health
information, awards, annual quizzes, and prepare for payroll
processing as assigned.
- Organizes work load efficiently and effectively; labels
outstanding information avoiding unnecessary confusion and
duplication of efforts. Prioritizes workload effectively and
efficiently to ensure that more critical tasks are handled in a
- Follows directions accurately and with attention to detail to
ensure accuracy of information.
- Maintains a working relationship with all departments to ensure
that information is provided in a timely accurate manner on an on
- Remains current on Human Resources trends and strategizes with
HRM to ensure the effective utilization of Bournewood staff
- Assists HRM with employee relation issues to ensure the
appropriate administration of Bournewood's policies and practices
- Assists HRM as being a resource to managers regarding
employment relations laws and employee performance management as
- Performs all other duties as assigned.Essential Competencies:
- Currently recruiting for past 3-5 years with extensive
experience utilizing various social media and other external
- Ability to use telephones extensively; ability to relay clear
written messages; ability to use computer keyboard and calculator
- Proficient Microsoft Office experience; experience with Paycom
- Ability to effectively read, write and process information;
ability to input/retrieve information to/from computer and
- Ability to converse with others to give, take and process
information in English; extensive use of telephone. Ability to hear
alarms and pages.
- Ability to converse in English with others to give, take and
process information; extensive use of telephone. Ability to
maintain confidentiality of information, multi-task, coordinate
projects and record/transcribe general and specific meeting
minutes. Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Communicate with other staff to relay concerns and observations
involving patient safety.
- Occasional/limited exposure to: Infection and to the risk of
blood borne diseases; hazardous agents, body fluids and wastes;
unpleasant patient or departmental elements; to potentially
violent/aggressive patients/staff/visitors, critical incidents,
and/or sentinel events. Occasionally needed to work irregular hours
or additional hours.
- Ability to provide excellent service to internal and external
- Ability to effectively listen, process received information,
and express ideas both orally and in writing in English.
- Ability to initiate action, take personal responsibility,
suggest improvements, and solve problems within scope of job
without being asked
- Ability to understand and comply with government, regulatory,
and company rules.
- Ability to record, report, and maintain confidentiality of
information and respond to requests for information.
- Ability to get assigned work done in an acceptable manner, in
the time allotted, with minimal prompting or reminders
- Knowledge of employment laws, and applicable regulatory body
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs and carry at least 30
- Must be able to work in a busy area.
- Must be able to sit for up to 8 hoursReports to: Human
Resources ManagerFLSA: ExemptSupervises: As assigned
Keywords: Bournewood Health Systems, Brookline , BWH Recruiter/Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Brookline, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!