Brookline 1028 Beacon Street - Specialty Buyer FT
Company: Whole Foods Market IP. L.P.
Posted on: February 23, 2021
HIRING ALERT: We're hiring in-store shoppers near you! Flexible
scheduling, at least $15/hr minimum starting pay and quick hiring
process. -- Learn More> > > Brookline 1028 Beacon Street -
Specialty Buyer FT Department Store Job Type Regular Location
Brookline, Massachusetts, United States of America Brookline Job
DescriptionOrders, replenishes, and merchandises Specialty products
and participates in regional programs for purchasing and
promotions. Performs all functions related to breaking down
deliveries and merchandising new products and stocking shelves.
Assists Team Leader in organizing and developing promotional
displays and maintaining OTS standards. All Whole Foods Market
Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing
courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team
Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance
with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team
Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in
other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to
support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and
store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all
applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and
regulatory duties required in the department.Job
- Purchases and replenishes Specialty items through proper buying
- Ensures orders are timely and accurate to monitor inventory
- Understands why WFM products are different from conventional
stores and explains differences to customers.
- Achieves and exceeds assigned / established margin and sales
- Creates effective merchandising displays.
- Requests and ensures proper signage and pricing.
- Participates in national, regional and store promotional
- Samples department products to customers.
- Oversees customer special order procedure.
- Processes invoices and returns.
- Maintains organized and safe back stock area.
- Analyzes and controls product waste and spoilage.
- Completes spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed
and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required
trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of
customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive
selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper
procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established
procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation,
and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary w
orking and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance
with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures
accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or
national leadership. Performs other duties as assigned by store,
regional, or national leadership. Job Skills
- Extensive specialty knowledge, including production,
distribution, seasonal availability, advances and trends.
- Familiarity and/or willingness to learn about products,
nutritional information and other areas of study.
- Working knowledge and application of all specialty
- Demonstrates a desire to grow with the Specialty team.
- Ability to educate team on product knowledge and convey
- Strong basic math skills.
- Knowledge and ability to use computer programs such as
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and ordering systems.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to
work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable
manner to fellow Team Members , customers , and vendors .
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in
all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to f ollow directions and procedures; effective time
management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods
- Strong work ethic and a bility to work in a fast-paced
environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals
- 12+ months retail experience Physical Requirements / Working
- Must be able to lift 5 0 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment .
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed .
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery .
- Where applicable, TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures by
Servers of Alcohol) course completion required and must be age 18
years of age or older to serve alcohol. Note : The purpose of this
document is to provide a general summary of essential
responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive
list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements
for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through
the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be
required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for
that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities
may differ for similar positions based on business conditions,
departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the
particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful
performance in their current position before being considered for
promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level
position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the
candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new
position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an
advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or
developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not
guarantee a promotion. At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and
equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age,
marital status, disability, or any other legally protected
characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals
solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and
business needs. Real benefits go beyond what you'd expect. We call
ours "Whole Benefits," and they cover Physical, Mental, and
Financial health. Here are a few of the perks you can expect in
these areas. We offer access to health insurance for all full-time
Team Members to keep you feeling great. 20% In-Store Discount Our
most famous benefit, every Team Member gets a 20% in-store discount
on your favorite products. Plus, after six months, you have the
opportunity to increase that discount up to 30%. PTO Cash-Out Once
per year, eligible US Team Members can take 100% of unused PTO
hours and convert them into pay Total Health Immersions Four times
a year, we send select Team Members to a week-long health getaway
to help create and sustain healthy lifestyle changes. We pay 100%
of the costs and even 50% of your spouse's costs if they want to
join. Whole Planet Foundation Team Member Volunteer Program
Eligible Team Members can travel for 2-3 weeks to the communities
where Whole Foods Market sources products and funds microcredit
clients through its Whole Planet Foundation. Career Learning and
Development Better yourself as you better us. We give you
comprehensive training, programs and clear career paths to help you
grow. Our Core Values Our core values have guided us since Day 1.
We live them every day, and they've helped make us who we are
today. We Sell the Highest Quality Natural and Organic Foods We
Satisfy and Delight our Customers We Promote Team Member Growth and
Happiness We Create Profits and Prosperity We Care About our
Communities and the Environment We Practice Win-Win Partnership
with our Suppliers Not seeing a fit? Sign up for job alerts and
we'll notify you the moment a new job you want is posted. How would
you rate your experience popup "Whole Foods Market" is a registered
trademark of Whole Foods Market IP, L.P.
Keywords: Whole Foods Market IP. L.P., Brookline , Brookline 1028 Beacon Street - Specialty Buyer FT, Hospitality & Tourism , Brookline, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!