Practice Assistant / Medical Receptionist - Front Desk
Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Job Summary: Reports to (one of the following): Practice Manager or
Ambulatory Practice Coordinator with input from assigned physician,
nurses or other health care providers. Responsible for delivering
the highest quality service to patients while contributing to the
smooth functioning of practice operations.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
* Provides support to the practice for population management by
tracking and monitoring individual process and outcome measures for
eligible managed care and Medicare patients who have chronic
diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and
* Acts as a key resource to the practice for the management of
registries of patients who have chronic diseases to ensure that
they receive the required testing and medical management to promote
optimal health and clinical outcomes.
* Reviews registries with PCPs to determine the next phase in
patient care. Facilitates appointment scheduling, telephone
outreach and patient education. Coordinates the distribution of
patient reminder letters on behalf of PCPs.
* Greets patients and visitors in a manner that demonstrates
courtesy, service, respect and privacy. Serves as a central
communication source in the delivery of patient care by being
responsive, accessible and visible. Provides accurate information,
directions and/or guidance and follows up promptly to ensure that
needs have been met.
* Performs check in, registration, scheduling, verification of
demographic information and fiscal data utilizing a computer
system. Collects co-payments following standards for managing
copayment processing. Schedules, reschedules and cancels
appointments making every effort to accommodate patient and
provider needs. Obtains and enters referrals.
* Monitors and supports patients and visitors entering and leaving
the practice. Facilitates timely flow and proactively solves flow
issues (i.e., early or late patient, late provider, etc.). Acts as
liaison between patient and practice staff to ensure optimal flow
and service delivery. Acts as liaison between patient and other
areas to ensure optimal flow and service delivery.
* Maintains clean and welcoming physical environment of the
reception area. Maintains signage and clarity of information
displayed in reception area. Monitors audio or visual images for
appropriate programming and volume levels to ensure a non-intrusive
and calming environment. Contacts the appropriate departments when
repairs or services are needed and follows through.
* Other responsibilities will vary by practice and may include, but
are not limited to: Check out, Schedules necessary follow-up
appointments., Provides patient with any relevant educational
materials as indicated, Visit ticket entry,
Medical Records preparation.
* High School diploma or GED required .
* Certificate 1 preferred: Medical Admin Assistant Cert
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic
level within web-based applications.
* One year experience in a healthcare or service/hospitality
* Experience with provider relations/IPA or PO, and a familiarity
with standard quality measures, e.g., HEDIS.
* Familiarity with different electronic medical records, including
* Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in
order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction
from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families
and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
* Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in
order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from
supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with
patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine
* Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental
concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in
routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
* Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees,
professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas,
identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
* Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer
service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a
professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in
active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in
carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the
time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Keywords: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Brookline , Practice Assistant / Medical Receptionist - Front Desk, Healthcare , Brookline, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!