Research Coop Preventive Medicine
Company: Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Working under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager and in
accordance with established hospital and Division of Preventive
Medicine's Biorepository policies and procedures, executes a
variety of routine protocols where methodologies are clearly
- Receives incoming pre-processed biospecimens according to
specified protocols. The pre-processed blood protocol is scanning
the original vials or comparing received specimen against the
accompanying manifest then placing into the appropriate liquid
nitrogen freezer for storage.
- Receives specimens returned from analysis and replaces back
into original liquid nitrogen freezer locations after checking the
returned specimens against the accompanying manifest.
- Completes outgoing biospecimen requests according to specified
protocols. These protocols involve pulling specimen from liquid
nitrogen freezer locations, sorting, creating and labeling
aliquots, and preparing biospecimens for shipment.
- Processes incoming whole biospecimens according to specified
protocols. The core whole blood protocol is scanning the collection
tubes, centrifuging samples, pipetting samples into and labeling
storage vials, recording pertinent specimen data (e.g. hemolysis
severity, date, identifier, project #), and putting the samples
into the appropriate liquid nitrogen freezer for storage.
- Maintains a clean, organized work environment. Boxes biohazard
waste for pick up.
- Performs other related tasks as requested.
- High School Diploma
- Biotechnology/Biomanufacturing experience/education and lab
bench work experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and to perform a variety of
- Good organizational skills, detail oriented.
- Ability to accurately record specimen information.
- Ability to lift 20-pound freezer racks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as this position involves
working with a broad range of personnel.
BWH is an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills,
perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity,
disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic
information, and/or other status protected under law. We will
ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Keywords: Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH), Brookline , Research Coop Preventive Medicine, Healthcare , Brookline, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!