Occupational Therapist - Full-time Skills for Life
Company: MAB Community Services
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionProgram Description: Skills For Life is a small,
innovative program founded and led by Occupational Therapists with
extensive experience in the area of transition to adulthood.
- Skills For Life therapists work with young adults over the age
of 16 who are seeking more independence.
- Areas of focus include:o Self-determinationo Self-advocacyo ADL
and IADLo Family supporto Community skillso Executive Function
- Services are provided in the client's homes and/or community;
in addition, we provide some remote services.
- Our clients have the following diagnoses:o ASDo ADHDo Learning
disabilitieso History of TBI and subsequent EF deficitso Mental
health diagnoses such as anxiety, depression, etc.o Other similar
- Manage a caseload that equates to up to 20 client facing
(billable) hours per week.
- Travel to and from each client's home or community for
- Work on specific projects to support program development.
- Closely collaborate with the Program and Clinical
- Closely collaborate with client's families and other collateral
team members.Job Requirements:
- Enthusiasm for an innovative model, commitment to community and
occupation-based practice, and willingness to contribute to program
growth and development.
- Flexible, creative, self-directed and committed to engage in
learning through supervision and coaching
- Licensed MA Occupational Therapist
- 2+ years of experience preferred
- Personal vehicle or access to vehicle required
- Comfort driving clients in personal vehicle, per required
- Relevant experience working with young adults with previously
- Experience with parent collaboration
- Home-based therapy experience preferred
- Flexible schedulePlease send a cover letter and resume for
Keywords: MAB Community Services, Brookline , Occupational Therapist - Full-time Skills for Life, Healthcare , Brookline, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!