Company: KA Recruiting Inc.
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Generalist opening in Brookline, Massachusetts. This and other
ophthalmic technician jobs brought to you by
AlliedHealthJobCafe.com Seeking an Ophthalmic Tech I & II to join
our team in the Boston and surrounding areas! -Full time and
permanent positions offering competitive compensation and
benefits-Current Openings at the following
locations:*Brookline*Cambridge Qualified candidates - please submit
your resume for more details! I. GENERAL SUMMARY:Under general
supervision of the Clinical Supervisor, and following established
professional standards and procedures, this position helps
facilitate patient flow and performs a variety of screening and
technical diagnostic tests including manual lensometry and manual
keratometry. Assists with patient contact lens removal and
insertion and instilling eye drops as directed by physician.
Assists in orienting and training new ophthalmic technicians..
- PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares patient for the physician's evaluation by obtaining
history, chief complaint, document medications and pertinent
questions and necessary information.
- Performs various screening tasks including visual acuity, PAM,
BAT, manual lensometry, subjective and cycloplegic refractions,
manual keratometry, Ishihara plates, Amsler grid, stereo test,
muscle balance, D-15 color test, Contrast Sensitivity test, and
- Performs various diagnostic tests as determined necessary
through patient assessment; pupil and anterior chamber depth
evaluation, applanation tonometry, including Tono pen and Goldmann,
confrontation and Humphrey visual fields, and corneal
- Performs more complex exams including ultrasound testing such
as A scans, B scans and UBMs, manual keratometry, and
electrophysiology testing (ERGs and VEPs), and if in satellite
location, OCT's and fundus photos.
- Assists patient with contact lens removal and reinsertion.
- Instills diagnostic eye drops as directed by the physician to
evaluate level of pressure in the eye and to dilate pupils.
- Prepares patient consent forms and assists physician in laser
treatments and surgical procedures as needed.
- Performs instrument maintenance (i.e., bulb replacement,
battery changes, calibration, etc.). and ensures that all equipment
and lights are working properly.
- Cleans and sterilizes surgical instruments and keep its logs up
- Maintain refrigerator logs up to date.
- Complies with all local, state and federal regulations and laws
governing the performance of this position within the Ophthalmology
- Complies with all OSHA standards, including but not limited to
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or
directed. III.JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of eye terminology, anatomy and physiology of the
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively
with patients and understand their needs, and be responsive to
elderly and sensory handicapped. Also requires the ability to work
closely and effectively with physicians and other clinical staff,
including residents, fellows, attending physicians, and
- Excellent communication skills required effectively explaining
the exam process to patients and attempting to allay their concerns
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work in high volume clinics.
- Bilingual in Cantonese, Mandarin, or Russian preferred.
- Must provide own transportation if assigned to satellites.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to assess the
needs of patients of different age populations in order to provide
- High school diploma or equivalent PLUS at least two years
experience in supervised setting as an ophthalmic technician I, or
current JCAHPO certification as a Certified Ophthalmic
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred but not
- Current CPR certification preferred.
- Certification as a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant in good
standing or at least two years in an ophthalmic practice.
- Experience with computer and scheduling system preferred. JOB
Keywords: KA Recruiting Inc., Brookline , Ophthalmic Technician, Healthcare , Brookline, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!