Director of Engineering
Company: The Arcadian Brookline
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
The charming brownstones and tree-lined streets of historic Brookline surround The Arcadian Brookline. Only minutes from Fenway Park, Boston University and the Longwood Medical Area, the hotel is walking distance to Coolidge Corner and just steps from the Green Line of the "T" (which is only 5 stops to the Hynes Convention Center in Boston). This full-service hotel is perfect for business and leisure travelers, offering 264 oversized guestrooms (including 24 suites).
The Director of Engineering is responsible for all administrative, financial and operating aspects of the hotel as they directly relate to the engineering division. He/she is responsible for the safe and profitable operation of the hotel.
- Supervise and train all Engineering staff in Customer Service, Empowerment, Standard Operating Procedures and Loss Prevention Standards.
- Create, approve and post all Engineering staff schedules according to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Create and adhere to annual budget for department.
- Develop financial forecasts and actively participate in monthly profit/loss review meetings.
- Develop and implement plans to maintain property, equipment, grounds and other assets in an acceptable state of repair.
- Ensure the hotel is in compliance with all local, state and federal laws.
- Create and implement a preventative maintenance program for all hotel equipment.
- Ensure that all emergency and life safety equipment and systems are inspected, tested and certified per Highgate Hotel standards.
- Ensure that room maintenance requests are handled in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Follow up on all alarms immediately to determine the exact location and cause. Determine emergency status and report findings to Front Desk. Take immediate action as necessary.
- Assist as necessary with special projects and renovations.
- Actively participate in energy conservation programs.
- Review all guest and meeting planner comment cards to ensure problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Administer all vendor contracts controlled by the engineering department.
- Support and participate in all Highgate Hotel programs.
- Lead and participate in Highgate Hotel Safety Committee.
Keywords: The Arcadian Brookline, Brookline , Director of Engineering, Executive , Brookline, Massachusetts
here to apply!