Asst. Front Office Manager
Company: The Arcadian Brookline
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
The charming brownstones and tree-lined streets of historic
Brookline surround The Arcadian Brookline. Only minutes from Fenway
Park, Boston University and the Longwood Medical Area, the hotel is
walking distance to Coolidge Corner and just steps from the Green
Line of the "T" (which is only 5 stops to the Hynes Convention
Center in Boston). This full-service hotel is perfect for business
and leisure travelers, offering 226 oversized guestrooms (including
The Assistant Front Office Manager is responsible for ensuring the
operation of the Front Office in an attentive, friendly, efficient
and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service
prior to and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue
- Works closely with Sales and Reservations in order to fulfill all
special requests for groups, VIP's, etc.
- Assist daily in the guest reception.
- Responds daily all social media feedback, follow up with guest as
well as internally.
- Communicates effectively and genuinely with guests, team members
and other departments.
- Assists and often leads guest service training initiatives within
the front office department
- Maintains a friendly and caring demeanor at all times in a fast
- Maintains a professional image at all times that falls within the
hotel and company guidelines for appearance and dress.
- Demonstrates team work by co-operating and assisting colleagues
- Provides all Front Desk Assistant job duties like registering
guests into the hotel in a prompt and courteous manner, using
up-selling techniques to maximize room rates; preparing for group
check-ins and check-outs, and VIP arrivals
- Maintains and updates all guest profiles
- Reviews all daily and future reservations in order to accommodate
special requests, makes amenity cards, works closely with IRD and
PH to communicate all F&B requests
- Works with all new hires for FD training.
- Interviews, hire and train guest services agents
- Becomes informed of events/functions in the hotel during
- Maintains a house bank and keeps an accurate report of daily
receipts and deposits.
- Is able to work with and understand basic financial data and
- Is able to find guest centric solutions
- Promotes hotel services, facilities and outlets, provides the
guest with information such as local attractions and directions,
using the James Report to increase guest satisfaction.
- Is able to take or assist with reservations.
- Is able to assist at PBX.
- Resolves guest complaints to the satisfaction of the customer by
being guest centric, friendly and caring. Communicates to
Management any problems, complaints or unhappy guests.
- Is intuitive to guest needs, anticipates needs in job
performance, being proactive instead of reactive.
- Responds quickly to all guest requests in a caring friendly and
professional manner, consistently follow up to ensure guest
satisfaction that meets and exceed our services standards.
- Maintains a good relationship with repeat guests and their
- Is able to supervise a shift when needed.
- Works closely with Sales and their VIP Clients.
- Stays current with developments in the hotel by reviewing the
communication log book each shift; updates log book for next shifts
as well as communicates effectively the policies and procedures to
other team members of the hotel.
- Has knowledge of and assists in all emergency procedures as
- Attends all mandatory meetings and training classes.
- Has knowledge of the names, titles and positions of key people
within the hotel.
- Has knowledge of the hotel's surrounding area, such as
pharmacies, theaters, Public Transportation, Retail, and
- Completes all checklists as assigned.
Keywords: The Arcadian Brookline, Brookline , Asst. Front Office Manager, Executive , Brookline, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!