Director of Strategy, 40Hrs, Cardiovascular Medicine-One Bra
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Job Description - Director of Strategy, 40Hrs, Cardiovascular
Medicine-One Brave Idea (3136538) Director of Strategy, 40Hrs,
Cardiovascular Medicine-One Brave Idea - ( 3136538 ) One Brave Idea
(OBI) is looking for a Director of Strategy to help guide its
strategic evolution. OBI was founded in 2016 as a joint investment
between the American Heart Association, Verily Life Sciences, and
Astra Zeneca and includes approximately 50 individuals including
faculty, staff, and research and clinical fellows and associates.
OBI is co-located with Clinical Innovation Programs within the
Cardiovascular Medicine Division and Department of Medicine at 360
Longwood Avenue in space specifically designed for the creation of
new transformative patient-centered programs. The Director of
Strategy will be responsible for facilitating design and
establishment of the ongoing evolution of OBI into two separate
entities: a sustainable Innovation program sitting at the interface
among non-profit foundations, academic medical centers, and
industry partners (biomedical, tech, data, new entrants) and a
Biomedical Translational Solutions entity focused on moving initial
innovations into usable products. The development of these entities
will require coordination of non-profit and for-profit
stakeholders, external investors, intellectual property and other
legal counsel, patient advocacy groups, innovators and academic
researchers. The Director of Strategy will assist in designing and
driving to execution a detailed programmatic roadmap in an
accountable manner by working with leadership to manage complex
interactions between stakeholders, structure and implement critical
agendas, and manage execution on a wide range of key deliverables.
As this project will be a multi-stage effort, s/he will need to
carefully track progress towards milestones. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES: For all positions that include direct patient
care, indicate with an "X" the age(s) of all patient populations
served X All age groups Adolescence (13 to 17 years) Neonates
(birth to 1 month) Young Adult (18 to 25 years) Infant (1 month
to1year) Adult (26 to 54 years) Early Childhood (12 months to 5
years) Senior Adult (55 to 64 years) Late Childhood (6 to 12 years)
Geriatric (65 years and up)
- Work with OBI leadership to develop a strategic plan for
development of the Innovation and Biomedical Research
- Help translate the design and development of the Innovation and
Biomedical Translation Solutions entities into detailed executable
project plans and supervise the implementation of these plans.
- Initiate and structure interactions (working with
administrative staff) between diverse stakeholders; define
deliverables from these interactions and follow-up with internal
and external parties to track/enable completion.
- Set and track short- and long-term milestones, as well as
- Develop strategic funding plans for Innovation and Biomedical
Translation Solutions entities.
- Integrate all planning activities with ongoing programs at
- Manage internal and external communications regarding strategic
- Develop active community engagement strategies in conjunction
with diverse partners.
- Provide regular, comprehensive, and concise updates to OBI
leadership. SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent problem-solving ability and abstract thinking
- Must be able to make independent effective decisions in
- Ability to develop multi-year budgets and formal business
- Ability to manage complex relationships with a variety of
stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to
supervise others effectively.
- Outstanding ability to work with a team to achieve shared
- Ability to respond to changing goals and priorities in a fast
paced and dynamic start-up environment.
- Excellent critical-thinking skills and attention to
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- MS is required, PhD preferred in biomedical science,
engineering or related field
- 10+ years experience working with biomedical non-profits and/or
a healthcare startup is required.
- Experience in project management
- Prior experience with philanthropic or venture funding in a
complex not-for profit/for profit arena is required.
- Experience and proven leadership in developing and executing
complex cross-matrix, multi-year projects required. Brigham
andWomen's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race,color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, nationalorigin, ancestry, age,
veteran status, disability unrelated to jobrequirements, genetic
information, military service, or other protected status. Primary
Location MA-Brookline-BWH Brookline Hills BWPO Administration Work
Locations BWH Brookline Hills BWPO Administration 111 Cypress St
Brookline 02447 Job Professional/Managerial Organization Brigham &
Women's Hospital(BWH) Schedule Full-time Standard Hours 40 Shift
Day Job Employee Status Regular
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Brookline , Director of Strategy, 40Hrs, Cardiovascular Medicine-One Bra, Executive , Brookline, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!