Special Education Teacher
Company: Justice Resource Institute
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Who we are looking for:
Are you the Special Education Teacher we have been looking for? In
this position you will be able to convey your passion for helping
others by working with our youth!
Bay Cove Academy is a small, therapeutic day school serving
adolescents, ages 12-21, who have a wide range of serious
emotional, and or learning difficulties. Our staff provide a highly
structured, learning environment for teens whose educational and
social needs exceed those which traditional public and private
schools can accommodate. We provide education, career development,
and clinical service.
JRI provides the training so that:
- YOU will utilize our innovative Attachment, Regulation and
Competency (ARC), a trauma informed response framework, to maintain
structure within the classroom setting.
- YOU will be responsible for planning, preparation, and record
keeping including; maintaining a plan book of daily instruction,
maintaining emergency plans in case of illness, and maintaining
student attendance records and grade books.
- YOU will be familiar with the Massachusetts Curriculum
- YOU will participate in IEP development and deliver instruction
utilizing IEP goals and curriculum frameworks as a guide.
- YOU will create a classroom environment conducive to learning
by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies and
support positive, active learning culture through presentation of
physical environment and through consistent verbal messages that
learning is important.
- YOU will work with students in a clinically appropriate manner
while maintaining a challenging learning environment.
- YOU will work collaboratively with the educational, clinical,
nursing, and vocational departments to carry out Bay Cove Academy's
Bilingual a plus!! We offer a $1,000 bilingual bonus to any
candidate who speaks, reads and writes in a different language
other than English.
- Be who you are! JRI is strongly committed to providing an
inclusive, diverse and welcoming environment for our employees and
the people we serve.
- Access to our excellent Blue Cross medical and Delta Dental
- Retirement benefits including 401K matched up to $800 a year
and pension after 5 years of employment.
- Professional development opportunities such as tuition
reimbursement up to almost $4,000 per year and discounted tuition
rates to select partnership colleges and universities!
- Wellness benefits including access to employee resource groups
(including multicultural affinity groups, LGBTQ+ advocacy, employee
engagement groups, etc.), self-care resources, and an Employee
- Generous paid time off up to 19 days for full time employees in
your first year and much more!
- Candidates must have a Massachusetts teaching license in the
relevant content area.
- Candidates with a Massachusetts Moderate Special Education
License are preferred.
- Candidates should have knowledge of the needs of the population
served; understanding of the range of interventions and treatment
required by this population.
- Candidates should have strong written and oral communication
skills and be able to interact with students, families, and
collaterals in a positive manner.
- Candidates should have leadership abilities, be able to work
alone in an unsupervised environment, and have the capacity to
serve as a responsible, mature, and flexible role model.
- At JRI, you will learn to provide physical interventions and
verbal de-escalations to provide the safest therapeutic atmosphere
for our youth.
- Background and driving record checks will be performed.
JRI is strongly committed to providing an inclusive, diverse and
welcoming environment for our employees and the people we serve.
Persons from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of
color, the LGBTQ community and people with disabilities are
encouraged to apply. JRI is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Justice Resource Institute, Brookline , Special Education Teacher, Education / Teaching , Brookline, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!