Art Studio Teacher (part-time)
Company: Town of Brookline
Posted on: June 16, 2022
The Town of Brookline Soule Early Childhood Center is seeking a
part-time Art Studio Teacher. At Soule, we value the unique spirit
of each child. Our school community and classroom environments
foster the development of independence, creative thinking,
self-directed learning, and joy. The Art Studio teacher serves as a
curricular leader and resource to the teachers and other center
staff in meeting expectations of excellence for open ended art /art
history curriculum and school and classroom studio space in keeping
with school guidelines and Reggio Emilia and Montessori educational
- Taking a leadership role in working and planning art curriculum
and projects for the school studio and mini classroom studios.
- Works cooperatively as an integral part of a classroom teaching
team, assisting teachers to help children adjust successfully to
the classroom and helping maintain classroom space, materials and
equipment; and ensuring the safety and well-being of children in
- Maintains positive and effective communication with parents,
create welcoming environment for children and parents.
- Maintain art portfolios for each child.
- Work with the school leadership o define artistic goals and
- Work with the director to develop trainings and guidelines for
center art and project practice models.
- Work with the director and documentation specialist to define
artistic guidelines and display.
- Serve as an expert on art, art history and artistic media.
- Support licensing and accreditation goals.
- Maintain and organize photos, artwork and art media supply.
- Work with the center to organize 1-2 art show per year.
- Performs similar or related work as directed, required, or as
Associates Degree required in art or art education or equivalent,
Bachelors of Education or equivalent preferred; 2- 4 years teaching
experience preferred in a licensed program; or an equivalent
combination of education and experience. Must meet EEC guidelines
for lead teacher certification. Able to work up to 18.75 hours per
* Knowledge of Reggio Emilia and Montessori educational
* Demonstrated knowledge and ability to lead staff and train
* Demonstrated ability to work with diverse cultures and
* Demonstrated ability to use a variety of artistic medial with
young children and adults.
* Demonstrated ability to use digital cameras and digital
* Demonstrated experience and skill in communication, leadership,
Starting Salary $19.00 per hour. Please apply with resume and cover
letter by June 21, 2022.
Keywords: Town of Brookline, Brookline , Art Studio Teacher (part-time), Education / Teaching , Brookline, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!