Self-Sufficiency Program (SSP) Coordinator/Coach
Company: CITIZENS HOUSING & PLANNING
Posted on: April 3, 2021
90 Longwood Avenue
Brookline , MA
United States Job Description The Self-Sufficiency Program (SSP)
Coordinator/Coach is a new position at the Brookline Housing
Authority (BHA), a high-performing, mid-sized public housing
agency. The SSP model offers low-income families a coordinated set
of tools, supports, and incentives with which to achieve increased
and lasting competencies, wellness, and financial self-sufficiency.
This is an exciting opportunity to close wealth and access gaps
through positive coaching relationships as well as coordination of
a range of self-sufficiency oriented services. Key
- Develop, deliver, and support self-sufficiency-oriented
programming and partnerships for adult residents of public housing,
with attention to traditionally underrepresented groups, including
English language learners.
- In collaboration with SSP Program Manager, outreach to and
enroll 35 or more participants through targeted promotional
materials, program referrals, relevant outreach events, and
individual contacts and follow-up.
- Develop individualized assessments and action plans outlining
short- and long-term education- and employment-oriented goals and
strategies for new program participants.
- Use coaching frameworks to assist participants to identify and
break down goals into manageable steps, overcome barriers, access
applicable resources, and apply key competencies.
- Provide one-to-one assistance with resumes, cover letters, and
job, training, and education program applications as needed.
- Maintain required records and complete documentation in a
timely manner in compliance with program policies; prepare program
reports as needed.
- Coordinate outreach, intake, enrollment, scheduling,
curriculum, instruction, and assessment of
self-sufficiency-oriented group programming, including multilevel
ESOL and computer literacy classes.
- Plan or support several community events each year that promote
resident engagement and learning, including workshops on relevant
themes such as financial literacy and end-of-program
- Form strong partnerships with local service providers,
ESOL/adult education programs, training programs, employers, and
community colleges and certificate programs that enable direct
pathways for adults.
- In collaboration with resident services team, create regular
- Assist with resource development, such as site visits and
preparation of grant proposals. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in social services, education or related
field and five (5) years demonstrated experience in economic
self-sufficiency services for a diverse, low-income clientele.
Master's Degree in Social Work or related field preferred, with a
minimum of three (3) years working experience with the social
service delivery system in the greater Boston area, particularly
employment, training, education and financial counseling
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google suite.
- Demonstrated knowledge of local employment, training, and
postsecondary and adult education resources; familiarity with
Brookline is a plus; motivational interviewing, coaching, and/or
principles of adult learning.
- Bilingual skills a plus, particularly Spanish.
- Able to work some evenings as needed.
- Salary Range: From $55,000, depending upon experience.
- BHA offers a competitive salary and strong benefits package
including state GIC health insurance, a transit stipend, education
allowance, and a defined-benefit pension.
- Temporarily remote due to COVID-19. Application Instruction To
apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your
qualifications and interest to Susan Halpert at
email@example.com . No phone calls or letters.-- The
BHA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action, Section 3 employer.
Females, LGBTQ individuals, minorities, veterans, Section 3
qualifying individuals (defined as being a public housing resident
or a "low-income resident"-80% of Area Median Income), and persons
with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Support CHAPA's
efforts to keep making a difference in our communities.
Keywords: CITIZENS HOUSING & PLANNING, Brookline , Self-Sufficiency Program (SSP) Coordinator/Coach, Education / Teaching , Brookline, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!